Monday, October 6, 2014

"The Reese"

- outfit details - 
top || Lucca (clearance find!)
jeans || Target
heels || Michael Kors (Dillard's clearance find!)
bag || "Reese" by Michael Kors (gift from my amazing husband!)
watch || Michael Kors
sunglasses || Forever 21

So I've never really had what I've always considered to be a "big girl" purse, partly because I could personally never justify spending my money on one (graduating college debt free was a way bigger priority!) and partly because I've never felt like I've reached that "grown-up" / "big girl" stage of life that warrants a purse of the same title. While I still can't totally justify spending money on a "big girl" purse (though I will admit I've noticed the extreme difference in quality!) and still don't quite feel like a grown-up (there are days when 16 seems like yesterday!), my amazing husband wanted to bless me with a gift for my birthday last week that he knew I've daydreamed about as my 25-year mark finally arrived. Reed is the best at making me feel special, valued and appreciated, especially when I don't feel worthy or the least bit deserving, so his heart behind this gift means ten times more to me than the actual bag (though let's be clear, I do LOVE the bag! ;) ).

I truly had a remarkable birthday week last week thanks to all the beautiful, thoughtful, loving people in my life! Every text, gift, tweet, post, hug, smile and birthday wish seriously meant the world, so THANK YOU to everyone who took that time! I love and appreciate you all so much! 

I wouldn't change a single thing about the first 25 years of my life. They by no means have been easy, and I'm not entering this new season of life free of problems and pain, but the faithfulness of my Heavenly Father makes it impossible for me to be discontent. The day I realized I had a choice to be thankful set my life on a course filled with unexplainable joy and peace. Paul says it best… 

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. 
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, 
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 
I can do all this through Him who gives me strength." 
Philippians 4:12-13













No comments:

Post a Comment