Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Party on the Patio


Last week I shared the "mini lemonade bar" setup I put together as part of a birthday celebration for my parents a couple of weekends ago. The majority of our time together took place on our back patio, where we were blessed to have beautiful temperatures and a light breeze all evening while we enjoyed some delicious steaks my husband grilled for us. My mom is always the best about making family gatherings feel unique and thoughtful, and now that I'm married and have a home of my own to host family gatherings, I enjoy following in her footsteps (or at least attempting!) and creating special memories that she gets to enjoy!

If you've made any trips to Target recently, you've probably noticed the adorable "Oh Joy! for Target" fall collection. While I would have loved to have taken home literally every piece in the collection, I settled on the cute mini party hats! I don't know what made me think to put them on top of the mason jars, but I loved how that turned out! Scrounging up some craft supplies I already had at the house, I created some "present place cards" to compliment the party hats.  I liked the simplicity of this setup - a little really does go a long way, and it doesn't take much to add a few personal touches to your hosting efforts to make your guests feel special! 





DIY "Present Place Card"
1) Tear the edges of a piece of card stock to form a square.
2) Add a piece of washi tape down the left side.
3) Use sticker letters to label a gift tag.
4) Secure the gift tag with a bow. 



- details -
dishes || Fiesta (via Macy's)
mason jars || Target
mini party hats || Target
table runner & placemats || Target (clearance section - $5 total!)

I hope you were able to find some inspiration for your next family/friends gathering from this post! As always, thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment