Thursday, October 18, 2012

Plum





Top: Allen B. (JCPenney)
Jeans: Target
Bag: Steven Madden (via Ross)
Heels: Charlotte Russe
Watch: Michael Kors
Bangles: Dillard's & Forever 21
Ring: Charlotte Russe
Sunnies: Simply Vera by Vera Wang (Kohl's)
Lips: MAC, Shanghai Spice

Blouses with sophisticated details are one of my favorite items of clothing! I absolutely love this plum blouse from the Allen B. line at JCPenney. (The Allen B. line is one of my favorites at JCPenney - it tends to be more on the trendy, bolder side compared to some of their other brands.)

At first I thought this blouse fell into the burgundy family, but after a little research, I've concluded that it falls into the "plum" family. Plum colors tend to have more of a purple tint, while the colors burgundy and wine tend to have more of a red tint. The color oxblood, another popular one for this fall, has more of a red-brown tint.

Which is YOUR favorite of fall's "it" color - plum, burgundy, wine, or oxblood? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Thanks for reading!
- Lael

P.S. - I am leaving the country today to go on a mission trip to Lesotho, Africa! I'll be gone for ten days! Check out The Beautiful Dream Society to learn more about the cause my team is supporting! Can't wait to share my experience when I return! 



2 comments: