Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chevron in the U.S.A.

My best friend Katie and I have a tradition of making each other creative gifts for our birthdays. Our friendship has spanned over ten years, so coming up with new ideas every year can be somewhat of a challenge! I'm sure the countless hours I've poured over Pinterest since it's inception subconsciously played a part in this year's creation, although I don't recall a specific pin inspiring it.

During a recent trip down memory lane - aka Facebook photos - I was quickly reminded of how many amazing trips Katie and I have been blessed to experience together. Our entire class got to visit Washington D.C. in 6th grade, and six years later we headed back East to Boston for our Senior Trip. Extracurriculars like choir, sports, and our favorite - shopping - have led us to Memphis, Colorado Springs, Joplin and Dallas over the years. 

In an attempt to create something to commemorate all of our travels, I finally came up with this ...





I found this chevron pattern printable template to be helpful in tracing the chevron print I used on the canvas. The cute pink push pins are from Target, and I included the leftovers in her overall gift (along with this fun notepad) in hopes that we can add more to the canvas in the coming years! :) 

Do you ever make gifts for your friends' birthdays? If so, I'd love to hear your ideas, so please leave a comment below! Thanks for reading! 

-Lael

Dallas, 2011
Boston, 2008








No comments:

Post a Comment