Monday, February 10, 2014

Mixing Prints





- outfit details - 
sweater || Target (also styled here)
tee || Target
pants || H&M
booties || Target
bag || Steve Madden (via Ross)
earrings || Stella & Dot
necklace || Forever 21

If you follow my blog regularly, you'll recognize that sweater from this post last month. I've found myself reaching for it A LOT over the past couple weeks! It's comfortable, a great layering piece (I love both the longer length & the lightweight material), has a fun print that surprisingly can be styled many ways, etc. Usually when putting an outfit together, I take a "classic" approach, however I was feeling a bit eclectic with this particular outfit and was happy with the final result. The blue tee and green earrings provide great pops of color against the neutral grays, and the unexpected pairing of "tribal" print with leopard print surprisingly just works (at least to me! lol).

I've always considered leopard print to be a neutral in terms of color, but as of late, I'm also considering it to be as neutral of a print as stripes. Keep in mind that mixing prints has a lot to do with proportions - I think part of the reason the prints in this particular outfit work together is because the leopard print is kept to a minimum in being restricted to the shoe area, while the tribal print covers the focal point of the outfit, the sweater. Plus, there's a solid color pant giving some space between the two prints which prevents the mixing of the prints from looking chaotic!

Which particular prints do YOU like pairing together? Have any suggestions on a pairing I should try? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for stopping by! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment