Friday, December 20, 2013

"J-O-Y" to the World {pt. 3 | Christmas Decor '13}

In the 3rd installment of my "Christmas Decor '13" blog series (here are pt. 1 & pt. 2), I'm featuring one of my favorite Christmas DIY projects, a "J-O-Y" display. We recently moved my great grandmother's piano into our house, and I remembered something I had pinned on Pinterest that came from this blog that inspired me to make this display for it. 

Target had the perfect wreath to be the "O" and anchor for this display, and thankfully Hobby Lobby had the perfect sized wooden letters for the "J" & "Y". To differentiate the two wooden letters, I wrapped the "J" in cream-colored yarn and stained the "Y" with left-over stain used on the crown-molding of our house. To complete the display, I added a red tablecloth, burlap runner, gold tinsel, and a couple of sparkly red decorative boxes. I was happy with how it turned out and am already thinking of different ways I can display "J-O-Y" in our home for Christmases to come! 



I have about two more posts to go in this series, so stay tuned! I wish you the best in your last few days leading up to Christmas! I'm having to remind myself to make time to stop, breathe, and remember the true meaning of Christmas! Have a blessed weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment