Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Back to ("Fall") Basics







Jacket: JCPenney
Top: H&M
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Chinese Laundry (Ross)
Bag: Steve Madden (Ross)
Watch: Macy's (Style Co.)
Bangles: BCBGeneration (Dillard's)
Sunnies: Simply Vera Vera Wang (Kohl's)
Lips: Covergirl LipPerfection ("Hot" - 305)

My "fall" basics...

  • I love that denim jackets have a strong presence this fall! In jr. high I literally think I wore one to school almost every day. A denim jacket can instantly bring almost any casual outfit together. I like to dress up my denim jacket with heels, though flats work just as well! 
  • Leopard print always seems to catch my eye, whether it's clothes, accessories, shoes, notebooks, furniture, etc. It's just so fun! Not to mention timeless. I can't think of a time when leopard print hasn't been in style. I usually prefer leopard print in smaller doses, so this scarf is perfect.
  • Speaking of scarves - to me they are the number one fall/winter accessory! They're wonderful because they not only compliment outfits, but they're functional! I love the warmth they bring, especially since I'm extremely cold-natured! 
  • Black. I can never have enough black. I wear it all year round! It flatters figures and goes with everything. I'm particularly fond of the black tank I'm wearing above because it's long enough to wear with leggings and helps make light-colored skinny jeans look more flattering on those of us who don't have super skinny legs ;) ...
  • ...but just because I don't have super skinny legs, doesn't mean I'll stop wearing skinny jeans -  they're my favorite style! My collection of colors continues to grow. I'm currently on the hunt for a pair in burgundy! Oh, and that whole "no white after Labor Day" rule? Yeah...I don't follow that... 
  • I usually go for a black bag for fall/winter, but I love my neutral, camel-colored bag above. It goes with almost every outfit and is the perfect size for carrying everything I need for my "on-the-go" lifestyle.
  • A watch is probably one of the best accessories/jewelry items you can be utilizing right now. Because of their growing popularity, you can find really cute ones in nearly every price range! Though I have a silver watch and a fun mint-colored watch, my gold watch gets the most wear, hands down. 
  • I used to be terrified to try red lipstick, but the more I wear it, the more I love it! It really "pops" and "wakes up" my face. It's basically like an accessory and can spice up any outfit.

Let me know what YOUR favorite fall basics are by leaving a comment below! Thanks for stopping by & spreading the word of my new blog! :) 

- Lael  


1 comment: