Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Sweet Love" {Wedding Wednesday #3}



For my third Wedding Wednesday post (here are posts #1 & #2), I'm featuring the Sweet Love "sweets bar" I had at my wedding! Ultimately, all the credit for this amazing spread goes to my mom, from choosing the sweets to decorating and arranging them in the most darling way! She's amazing.

Rather than going for a traditional candy bar, we decided to create our own special coffee shop/bakery, calling it Sweet Love. At the coffee bar section, guests had the option of ordering regular coffee or our specialty drink, a vanilla chai tea latte (it's one of my personal favorite specialty drinks thanks to one of my bridesmaids, Amanda, who makes them better than anyone! oh, and Reed isn't a coffee fan, so that's why we went with my favorite!). Having just one specialty drink as opposed to opening up a full coffee bar definitely helped keep our costs down, yet still provided a special option for guests who wanted more than regular coffee or the other classic beverage options that we offered.

As for the sweets bar, it was fun to incorporate a variety of treats like cookies, cake pops, and cupcakes in addition to classic candies. Branching out from just using candy helped add lots of dimension and variety in both size and color of the different sweets bar items. I loved the center Eiffel tower as the anchor piece for the table and the use of different sized jars, bowls, cake tiers, hat boxes and the cute malt glass to display all of the sweet treats. The cute peach and mint table was painted by Reed and was the perfect display for all that sweetness!

"Sweet Love" was definitely one of my favorite details from our wedding - these photos bring back so many sweet (pun intended) memories! If you're ever in charge of creating a candy/sweets table, hopefully this post provided you with some inspiration! Let me know if it did! :)

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! I'll be back next week with new posts! :) Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment