|- photo details - |
photographer || Reed Ewing
location || Ocean Maya Royale (Playa Del Carmen, Mexico)
occasion || honeymoon dinner #4 (May '13)
- outfit details -
top || Old Navy (similar)
shorts || Old Navy
heels || Charlotte Russe
necklace || Charlotte Russe (similar)
cuff || BCBGeneration
bag || Francesca's Collections
- Blue is by far my favorite color! I'm drawn to all different shades, but royal blue usually catches my eye the most & seems to compliment my hair & skin tone the best. Needless to say, the blue cuff that has been appearing all over my honeymoon outfit posts (seen also here & here) is one of my favorite accessories - so versatile!
- Statement necklaces are definitely my necklace of choice (I just don't feel like I pull off "dainty" jewelry very well). I love the pop of color on this coral one I picked up at Charlotte Russe a while back. Normally I'll wear statement necklaces on the outside of collared shirts, but to keep with the casual feel of this look, I wore it "underneath." Even a statement necklace can appear more understated when styled in a certain way.
- White denim = summer. Shorts, jeans, dresses, etc. - I love wearing white. It goes with everything & brings such a freshness & crispness to any look.
- Gingham is such a great print that works on pretty much everyone in my opinion (Reed has a blue gingham shirt just like mine and I LOVE how it looks on him!). It works great with both solids & mixing with other prints. Also, wearing white with gingham will definitely make the print pop even more.
- Heels. Obviously I'm a fan :). I realize with the casual nature of the pieces I chose for this outfit that most people would opt for flats, but I couldn't resist wearing my favorite heels of the moment, especially with how great they tied in with the statement necklace. Also, with my shorter frame (5' 3"), I just feel better in heels when I'm wearing shorts.
side note || The bag in this post is actually the white clutch that has appeared in previous posts this week (here & here), only in this post it's pictured with the added strap.
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your feedback! Have a fabulous Friday!